Friday, January 26, 2007

MRI Results

The results from Finley's MRI came back today. The results show that the left side of his brain has undergone some damage. The MRI shows the structure of the brain and lets the doctors know what areas have been damaged. As we all know, different parts of the brain control different areas of our bodies. The areas of his left side that may have been affected include: speech, motor (walking), possible learning problems, and some muscle function. The doctor also said that the seizures may persist, so they will continue to give him the medicine to control those seizures. He has been off the venilator since last night and I have not heard of any complications in that area. The doctor told my brother today that his being able to breath on his own should not be an issue for the future.

I personally still feel a miracle can happen here. Finley is only 3 days old, and has not learned any of these things anyway. The power of prayer is a very real power, and it is one that I truly believe in. Please continue to pray for this sweet little boy! We need to all have faith and continue to lift him and his parents up in prayer.

If you did not notice at the right hand corner of this blog there is a way to help! My father, Finn's Pappaw has set up an account in his name for those of you that feel lead to help financially. Thank you again, we love you all!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update Melissa!!

We are definitely praying for complete healing. I know this must be so stressful but I hope you and your family holding up OK. I wish I were there so that I could help you out!!

Caci said...

I love it that you set up a blog site for Fin. I hope one day he will be aware of the number of people across the country that were concerned about and praying for him...without ever even having met him! What an awesome way for God to get people on their face before Him! I know that God has a great plan for that little guy, he is already being used by God! I remember all the things they said would be wrong with Jacob, and none of it happened....they were only able to say "we don't know what to tell you". That is an opportunity to share God with someone right there! Look for those doors God is opening because of this situation!


We love you Fin!!!

Caci said...

We love you Finn! (Sorry, I spelled your name wrong the 1st time, and I know your Aunt Lissa would catch that!)