Thursday, February 8, 2007

A Letter from Mom

Dear Family and Friends,

I am sorry it has taken me this long to update everyone myself.... but if you know me at all, you know that I don't answer my phone or check messages on a good day!!! Anyway, I wanted everyone to know that I sincerely appreciate all of your prayers and concern for our family over the past few weeks. I will never be able to express how grateful we truly are because there just aren't enough words.

Today, Finley and I went to the hospital where it all began and he had his hearing screen. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until the audiologist told me that he passed the screening in both ears and I was completely overwhelmed. I immediately started crying and hugging Finley and thanking the Lord. Of course the audiologist thought I was completely psychotic - it is a routine hearing screen - but for me it was so much more. My little boy has gone through so much in such a short time already and this is the first "test" that he has passed - no exceptions - just PASSED! Next, we were off to the Children's Hospital for some blood tests to make sure that his anti-seizure medication is in a "therapeutic range". PASSED! Okay, so I know that isn't really a test-test but we'll take what we can get! While we were at this appointment, the nurse drawing his blood told me that her daughter, at the age of 23, was in a car accident that left her in a coma and on life-support. All of her doctors told her that she would never leave the hospital - but this nurse has a 13 year old granddaughter today that was born to her precious child who had learned to walk, talk, and speak again. Immediately after telling me all of this she picked Finley up and began praying over him for healing and restoration! What an amazing day.

Anyway, what I really wanted to say in this letter is that our God is a miraculous and wonderful God. While I was praying in my car on the way home this evening, just after J.T.'s shoe hit me in the back of the head and just before I slid on a huge patch of ice in our neighborhood, I realized something amazing. As scary and emotionally trying as these past few weeks have been on me and my family - I am happy. I am the happiest that I have been in a long time. I have two beautiful and HEALTHY boys, a wonderful, handsome and supportive husband that I love, a family who loves us all, and a God that is able. My God has given me a peace. I have a peace that no matter what the outcome, we are all going to be okay. "I waited patiently on the Lord. He turned to me and heard my cries. He lifted me out of the pit; out of the mud and mire. He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth; a hymn of praise to our God. Many people will see and fear and place their trust in the Lord." Our God is a God of kept promises - He keeps his word. I am thankful for His word and for all of you who have been praying for us and reminding us of His love and His promises. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love,
Meredith Templin

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm claiming that those are the first of many, many tests that Finn will pass! Thanks for the beautiful letter, it made me cry right along with you!

Caci said...

I can so relate with the "being happy" in the midst of struggles. When we totally depend on God, no matter how hard it is, we have that inner peace that only He can give. I am so glad that Finn passed his tests, and it doesn't even really surprise me....he will do as Lissa said and pass many more tests in his life!

Papa said...

685Thanks for posting so often with updates of Finn's condition. Also JT's reaction to his new brother.

Love the photos of the dynamic duo as they bond.

Keep 'em coming. I check the site every day.

(Couldn't log on to the guest book)

Love you all,
Papa & mawmaw